Beauty in the Ordinary

This is not about being brilliant, or extraordinary, it's not about wanting to be famous, or making headlines, or trying to impress...this about sharing a 'gift' each day with the world...to lift the spirit of people when they read this blog, to show them the beauty in the ordinary.
"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." Raold Dahl

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Wow!



"an interesting thing as I age, I begin to look...I mean really look...at things, people, love-things and think, wow!..you are incredibly beautiful."JP






12 comments:

  1. I totally agree. And it often amazes me that others around me don't see things similarly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. perhaps we all have to grow into this realization Cro...

      Delete
  2. We seem to need to be old to have this vision. Not old as dirt, but old enough to know dirt, as well as time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that Joanne...being old enough to know dirt!

      Delete
  3. Oh J, I so agree with you. It just gets better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As the fab four would say Molly..."it's getting better all the time...better, better, beeeetttteeerrr".

      Delete
  4. I was thinking this recently...it is an age thing, I think you just begin to appreciate so much more...I wouldn't change it for the world.
    Lovely post, as always Jacqueline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think one of the gifts of aging Catherine is that we really start looking.

      Delete
  5. I couldn't agree more! I think it's the realization that we are mortal, and there's an end to our "seeing".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to think it has a little more to do with the some small degree of enlightenment than you-don't-know-what-you've-got-til-it's-gone T!

      Delete
  6. I agree with you that there are hidden secrets most in unlikely places. Loved your blog. Thanks for sharing info and pictures.

    Cancer Center Tulsa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Most certainly PP...as Roald Dahl says "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."

    ReplyDelete

Go on...make my day...

Related Posts with Thumbnails