Beauty in the Ordinary

This is not about being brilliant, or extraordinary, it's not about wanting to be famous, or making headlines, or trying to impress...this about sharing a 'gift' each day with the world...to lift the spirit of people when they read this blog, to show them the beauty in the ordinary.
"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." Raold Dahl

Thursday, March 24, 2011

In Like A Lamb...

Yes, I know,
I've been wingeing a lot about the weather.
About the absence of Spring,
about the endless snow and cold.

But this morning as I walked,
I had a little chat with myself.


Regardless of the temperatures,
the snow really is breathtakingly beautiful.


One of our local cardinals serenading me on my way.


This little stream that is usually muddy and ordinary looked all dressed up.


I found this old abandoned well that I hadn't seen before.


As I walked past a couple of the more prominent local vineyards
Stratus,




and Jackson Triggs,


I noticed the workers in fields, readying the vines for this year's harvest.


The temperatures didn't seem to bother them at all.

The sun is shining and a lot of the snow that fell yesterday
is melted already.


So March who tiptoed in like a lamb


is roaring out like a lion.
Good for her!

5 comments:

  1. I'm trying to do catch up comments on all the posts, but a couple of times I when I hit the 'post comment' box it has told me 'action failed' or something else annoying and my comment disappears...oh well.
    Playing catch up can be tricky!
    It was the opposite here on the west coast - March roared in like a lion, with cold and gusty winds and rain...and is definitely going out like a lamb...thank goodness for that.
    Things do look pretty with that blanket of white even if it is nearly April.
    Wishing you warm sunny days J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For it looks like summer has finally kissed us goodbye,we have had some glorious days and cool mornings.The heat this year was horrendous and the humidity as we have never had it before, I think this is why there was so much flooding although not in our area.Time now for the bulbs to start popping up that we planted long ago and for the columbines etc to come out..Autumn is as lovely as spring I think they are the two kind seasons.Your pics are lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. your photos are lovely J! Bet that vineyard is a beauty in the summertime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. J, the photos you've posted are lovely but I honestly don't envy you MORE snow. March is tiptoeing out like a lamb here and we've had beautiful sunshine all day today. Hope the sun shines soon for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll post some photos when the vines come in Trish...it really is lovely. What's even more beautiful is the surrounding area is full of fruit orchards, so when they are in bloom, it's heaven!

    Molly, it's been bitterly cold here for the past few days. It was actually warmer when it snowed! But we have had beautiful sunshine too, so I guess it's the best of a bad situation.

    ReplyDelete

Go on...make my day...

Related Posts with Thumbnails