Beauty in the Ordinary

This is not about being brilliant, or extraordinary, it's not about wanting to be famous, or making headlines, or trying to impress...this about sharing a 'gift' each day with the world...to lift the spirit of people when they read this blog, to show them the beauty in the ordinary.
"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." Raold Dahl

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Fear pounds on the door to our heart demanding to be let in. Joy is modest and often comes into our lives like a shy person entering a room; it can take a while to even notice it’s there.
— JONATHAN CARROLL







17 comments:

  1. Hello Jacqueline; as Camille said, we've missed you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just when you think life can't get any more complicated, another piece of the sky comes crashing down. Still trying to get a handle on all of this and what it's all supposed to mean. Love that you are still here Cro.

      Delete
  2. J, I'm so sorry you're going through a rough time (again). Hope the sun shines through soon. Love Molly xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Molly...I'm getting bored of myself! LOL!

      Delete
  3. May we all be sparks to rekindle your light. Hold fast. Love and blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is beautiful, and I too am so sorry you are troubled. May you draw strength from comments like Handy Andy has written, and "Hold fast...hold fast my friend."

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was taught once that the original Greek definition of pure joy was 'a calm delight'...sounds very much so like the 'shy joy' Mr. Carroll was talking about.
    Fear on the other hand...is just a bully!
    xo J~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Jaquelin, I just wanted to pop by and say you are in my thoughts and prayers.Blessings from afar.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still holding a brilliant light for you. May it sparkle into your day, giving you a momentary flash of hope and sense of peace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MY! My comment just disappeared before my eyes!

    I was just saying that I love your outlook here. If the world would just take a moment each day to think as you do here, we could have a much better life experience. That white dog, what a darling creature. Thank you Marilyn, for coming to visit me and commenting! PEACE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Missing you still... Hope you are well. I hold your hand from afar, R&G

    ReplyDelete
  10. Still visiting and sending thoughts.

    Hugs Jane

    ReplyDelete

Go on...make my day...

Share It

Related Posts with Thumbnails