Beauty in the Ordinary

This is not about being brilliant, or extraordinary, it's not about wanting to be famous, or making headlines, or trying to impress...this about sharing a 'gift' each day with the world...to lift the spirit of people when they read this blog, to show them the beauty in the ordinary.
"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." Raold Dahl

Saturday, March 13, 2010


V. First week of moving is over and still there is lots to do. Hang paintings, rearrange everything that I tossed into cupboards just to speed up the unpacking. All of the mundane tasks will be completed, it's what we do when we move. Yet, if this place this new home is to support all my hopes and dreams and love for the future then the two of us need to really connect. You would think this is something that is automatically done, especially since I told you my heart was already there waiting for me. But that's not enough to hold my heart there.

We all need support from our loved ones and friends but we also need our homes to support us. We need to feel safe in them so that we can expand and take risks and stretch ourselves out into the world.
So when the last box is emptied and the last towel folded and put away, I will walk from room to room, adding those personal touches that make a home sparkle.
Then I will go to my front door with flowers in hand and introduce myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on...make my day...

Related Posts with Thumbnails