Beauty in the Ordinary

This is not about being brilliant, or extraordinary, it's not about wanting to be famous, or making headlines, or trying to impress...this about sharing a 'gift' each day with the world...to lift the spirit of people when they read this blog, to show them the beauty in the ordinary.
"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." Raold Dahl

Thursday, April 8, 2010


I read this today...
"Tend to home tasks early each day - this allows for heart contact with your
environment that loves you."

We are always talking about how we love our homes...but do we ever think about our homes loving us?
Do we ever stop to think as we walk through the door 'This home loves me'?
When we are frustrated because we haven't the time or the money to redo the kitchen or the bathroom, when the roof needs repair and the garden needs tending, stop and think in that moment that this home loves you, this home wants to be and give to you everything your heart desires
This home wants to love you.
So as I rise each day I will tend to home tasks and I will be present to the love that there for me each and every day as I am wrapped in the arms of my little house.

1 comment:

  1. I love this image. I can smell the fresh vinegar water in the bucket, the wet mop, the cheesecloth...having washed all the tension and drama out of the house.
    Huge desire for Purity and Peace today. I will start with my house so it may enter my heart.

    ReplyDelete

Go on...make my day...

Related Posts with Thumbnails