Beauty in the Ordinary

This is not about being brilliant, or extraordinary, it's not about wanting to be famous, or making headlines, or trying to impress...this about sharing a 'gift' each day with the world...to lift the spirit of people when they read this blog, to show them the beauty in the ordinary.
"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." Raold Dahl

Thursday, April 29, 2010



I will only...
Hold those in my heart,
Have things in my home,
and put food in my mouth,
that nourishes me.

J.  I wrote myself this little mantra about three years ago.  It was a realization that came after a few years of feeling overwhelmed on a daily basis.  What I came to understand, with a lot of guidance from V., was that I am in control, all the time, of how I feel about....well, just about everything.
I've framed this little quote and it hangs in my downstairs bathroom.  I read it every day as a reminder that I am the captain of my ship.

Last night was dinner with the family, and a family friend at Lindsay's.  Our first barbeque of the season...small amounts of steak, sausage, salmon and trout, perfectly seasoned and tenderly cooked.  Accompanied by a delicious, fresh potato salad of baby-red potatoes (skin-on to retain as much of the nutritious benefit as possible), thinly sliced red onion, scallion and jalapeno pepper and a wonderful fresh green salad.  Food to nourish the body and companionship to nourish the soul.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on...make my day...

Related Posts with Thumbnails