Beauty in the Ordinary

This is not about being brilliant, or extraordinary, it's not about wanting to be famous, or making headlines, or trying to impress...this about sharing a 'gift' each day with the world...to lift the spirit of people when they read this blog, to show them the beauty in the ordinary.
"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." Raold Dahl

Monday, May 3, 2010



J.  So... V and I have decided to stay with food this week.  Too much left unsaid, I guess.  But, for me, this week is going to be a different take on food.  Hubby is off on a business trip until Saturday, so I am having, what I affectionately call, a week of Spa Prajza.  That is a spa in my home.  Don't misunderstand, I will miss Rudy...a lot...but this week is an opportunity just to feed just myself.


When given the gift of weeks like this, I usually don't cook.  Lots of salads and smelly fish, fruit and raw vegetables with a cup of soup thrown in now and again;  there will be no meal planning, just a bite here and a nibble there.  A week of totally unstructured eating, where I can indulge in smoked oysters and sardines and pilchards...things that aren't always couple-friendly!


There will be lots of herbal teas, early nights and even earlier mornings, gentle music and sweet-smelling incense. I've already been over to my Tea-man on the high street and he has made me a blend of teas to gently de-tox the system.  Red raspberry leaf, ginger, nettle, dandelion leaf, hibiscus and orange peel..all organic.  Lots of lovely hot liquids to soothe and calm the inside and warm showers to pamper the outside.

1 comment:

Go on...make my day...

Related Posts with Thumbnails