Beauty in the Ordinary

This is not about being brilliant, or extraordinary, it's not about wanting to be famous, or making headlines, or trying to impress...this about sharing a 'gift' each day with the world...to lift the spirit of people when they read this blog, to show them the beauty in the ordinary.
"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." Raold Dahl

Thursday, May 13, 2010







V. Sorry for being so silent, but it has been a Hi Ho, Hi Ho,
off to work I go week.
Then staff meetings one night, and staff get togethers other nights...
...glory be!
No time to get to the computer, but now it's Thursday and I'm back, although the sunshine outside my window is pulling at me to come out and play...what to do?
Ok..how about some fabulous pictures of some rooms with books?


I've found these courtesy of Materialgirlsblog.com - Design Inspiration from Coast to Coast.

I wanted to begin with this beautiful bedroom...just a few treasured novels on the
bedside tables...perfect!


These photos are my dream for my dining room...books lining the walls...enjoy a perfect meal
with friends and loved ones...then reach for a book for after dinner conversation!
J. I'm sure you would love all of these too.

Love 'the colour purple' here and the stacks of books...
could it be that the novel is in there too?

A drink trolley for your books - brilliant!

This built in so carefully arranged with books and treasures and it
makes a wonderful transitional space from one room to another so warm and welcoming
And finally, this bookcase behind a curtain panel adds such
a clever burst of colour to the room, I doubt that it ever gets pulled though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on...make my day...

Related Posts with Thumbnails