Beauty in the Ordinary

This is not about being brilliant, or extraordinary, it's not about wanting to be famous, or making headlines, or trying to impress...this about sharing a 'gift' each day with the world...to lift the spirit of people when they read this blog, to show them the beauty in the ordinary.
"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." Raold Dahl

Thursday, July 1, 2010


J. has asked, on one of her previous posts, to take the challenge and define your style in one picture.
I have spent hours looking and still cannot come up with just one.
These past two weeks have been a challenge enough for me as it is, I have changed, grown, whatever you want to call it, all I know is that I'm different. They are subtle changes which I'm learning to get used to, it's like learning to walk all over again. So I'm taking baby steps.
When we learn something new, surely we can never be the same again.

So here is where I begin....

A place to welcome the new me

'When you come to know something new, you come
closer to yourself and to the world'


A place to sit and imagine the possibilities

'Creative human thought adds to the brightness of the world'


A place to be still

'The presence of a person who has stillness and contentment
of heart engenders trust'


A place to dare to be me

'When you open your heart to discovery, you will be called to step
outside the comfort barriers within which you have fortified your life.
You will be called to risk old views and thoughts and to step off the circle of
routine and image. This will often bring turbulence. The pendulum
will fix at times on one extreme, and you will be out of balance.
But, your soul loves the danger of growth'


photos courtesy of Shabby Chic
quotes by John O'Donahue



7 comments:

  1. The differences I see are subtle...they are more relaxed, less proscribed, more informal...still as beautiful...but in essence more creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This morning I tried to find my "one perfect image" and ran into the same problem...I couldn't nail just one down. You did a brilliant job V. of sharing several images...and I have to say they all do have a certain connection and show a certain style...which must be yours.

    Nicely done!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jessica and yes I see the pattern too ! The soul loves the truth!

    J. you know I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such lovely images. I don't think I could pick one image either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What gorgeous images, love the day bed! Wishing you a wonderful weekend with lots of JOY and happiness. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful post and such lovely images. I'm really drawn to the "place to sit and imagine the possibilities" :-)

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here is the dividing line between sisters. I had absolutely no problem settling on one image. There was never any question in my mind that that one photo represented my style.
    Interesting when our differences and not our similarities are highlighted, don't you think V.?

    ReplyDelete

Go on...make my day...

Related Posts with Thumbnails