Beauty in the Ordinary

This is not about being brilliant, or extraordinary, it's not about wanting to be famous, or making headlines, or trying to impress...this about sharing a 'gift' each day with the world...to lift the spirit of people when they read this blog, to show them the beauty in the ordinary.
"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." Raold Dahl

Monday, August 9, 2010

Ajiaco Colombiano

The past couple of weeks have been pretty full-on.
Lots of business stuff and family stuff and house stuff.

I find myself this Monday alone,
totally, completely, blissfully alone
Brilliant husband is away on a business trip.
Miss Daisy has gone home with her mum and dad.

Sweet silence reigns in the house.

I can eat what I want, when I want.

One of my indulgences when I am given time like this is not to cook.
However, I do like to eat.

Lo and behold,I remembered that I still had some
Ajiaco Colombiano in the freezer that my son-in-law had made for me
a couple of weeks ago.

This is the most delicious, potato and chicken soup.  You garnish it with
avocado and capers.
I can't tell you how to make it, because it has all these different types of
Colombian potatoes that I have never heard of.

All I know is that when he made it, he brought this fabulous
organic, free-range chicken.
The long, skinny kind, not the ones with over-sized breasts that have
been pumped full of hormones and shoved in a cage.
And all these Colombian potatoes that he had shipped here, because
he's a chef and he can.

So now, I am sitting sipping on this delicious soup. 
No matter it's still hot and humid outside.
This is nourishing and comforting and just what the doctor ordered
in my respite of restorative solitude.

Thanks Nelson.




1 comment:

  1. Yum, love soup. Especially any soup with a potato in it. Enjoy your time....free of distractions.

    ReplyDelete

Go on...make my day...

Related Posts with Thumbnails