Beauty in the Ordinary

This is not about being brilliant, or extraordinary, it's not about wanting to be famous, or making headlines, or trying to impress...this about sharing a 'gift' each day with the world...to lift the spirit of people when they read this blog, to show them the beauty in the ordinary.
"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." Raold Dahl

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Loofah

When I bought my lavender plants this past spring
Melissa and Robert at the Lavender Farm
gave me a loofah plant.

I thought it would be a lark to harvest home-grown loofahs.



Well...this plant has grown up the entire side of my house


and while we have had some flowers


there is no sign of the pods which product the loofahs.



and now it's almost October and it's cold,
which makes me think this project has been a bit of a bust.
Molly...I just don't seem to have your green-thumb!


7 comments:

  1. I wonder what conditions they like to grow in? I will have a look on the internet! It's fascinating to even get it to grow AND flower. It looks very attractive just as a climber. PS I'm fascinated too whether you found Victoria? Where has she been?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's inside that big gourd thing? Is that not what you are looking for? I know nothing of this plant but it looks happy on your house. ♥O

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aside from all the exotic sightings Molly...Victoria has been ensconsed in her home in BC gearing up for the new work she is about to begin. I don't mean to be mysterious, but I think it better she explain it.

    As for the loofah...I might give it another go next year. It is quite a pretty climber and the yellow flowers look good. I would love it to produce some loofahs too though.
    Yes Olive...inside that gourd thing is where they grow...I just don't have any of those.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somehow I never realized this is how loofahs grow, or where they come from! Wow! The plant does look really pretty growing up the side of your house regardless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness, I didn't even know there was such a thing! I must have one! They sure don't sell them here. Who's running a loofah plant giveaway on the web, I wonder...?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That might be Tom Mise...loofahs are done and dusted in this part of the world until next summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought loofahs came from the ocean...like a sponge!:/ A loofah-less vine *is* very pretty on it's own though...who knew?! xo

    ReplyDelete

Go on...make my day...

Related Posts with Thumbnails