Beauty in the Ordinary

This is not about being brilliant, or extraordinary, it's not about wanting to be famous, or making headlines, or trying to impress...this about sharing a 'gift' each day with the world...to lift the spirit of people when they read this blog, to show them the beauty in the ordinary.
"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." Raold Dahl

Monday, October 25, 2010

from my window




I'm lying here on the sofa

looking out the window
rain
grey skies

I'm lying here on the sofa
looking out the window.
The car arrives again.
It parks outside my house.

She steps outside.
Her with short grey hair, jeans, puffy jacket.
Her car is full, suitcases, bags, and now a mattress is tossed on top.

She takes a dog from the back seat.
She leads him to the neighbours house and leaves him there.
Comes back to her car, gets inside and drives away.


I don't know who she is, but I think she is living in her car.
Perhaps she is homeless.
Perhaps not.

She comes and goes.
She drops off her dog.
She picks him up.

I see her wrapping ice packs in plastic bags.
Perhaps to keep her milk cold.
Perhaps not.

Strange what you see when you lie on your couch looking out the window.

5 comments:

  1. Interesting! When I stay home from work when I'm sick, I learn all sorts of things about my neighbors.

    Love your header picture! Reminds me of the cobbles we'd collect off the Oregon beaches as a kid. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok we are all very curious now. You must lay on your sofa more and obtain more info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, I think Her story is an interesting one. I know that she isn't sleeping in her car, but I don't know where she goes, it's not to the house where her dog is, that I know.
    I think she is ok J.,she looks ok., and her car is new and clean, it's just full!
    Perhaps she is a hoarder, and her own house is full, so now she has to use her car, and sleep at other people's places.
    My guess is that she lives on one of the other islands around here, and has to come into town for medical treatment for herself. Or she is here taking a course or teaching one.
    I'll keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That does it...I am now off to lay on my couch! I don't think it is going to be near as interesting as yours Victoria. I have a feeling you have not seen the last of this mystery woman and I imagine another layer of the story will find it's way to you in due time as well.

    Jeanne :)

    ReplyDelete

Go on...make my day...

Related Posts with Thumbnails