Beauty in the Ordinary

This is not about being brilliant, or extraordinary, it's not about wanting to be famous, or making headlines, or trying to impress...this about sharing a 'gift' each day with the world...to lift the spirit of people when they read this blog, to show them the beauty in the ordinary.
"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." Raold Dahl

Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Most Wonderful (Exhausting) Time of the Year...


I'm exhausted...and I didn't even
host Christmas Day!

Today is do-nothing-but-go-for-a-walk,
eat-leftovers-Boxing Day.

My favourite day of the holiday!




8 comments:

  1. I want that puppy! And actually...I'll take that statue for the garden too...it's so beautiful (and it's exactly how I feel also)!

    We have one more round of Christmas activities today and then tomorrow, we can collapse!
    Have a wonderfully relaxing Boxing Day Jaccqueline!!!
    Hugs...
    xo J~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your calm Boxing Day! I am taking it easy too. What a weekend it has been so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you J. I'm all of what you say but add a cold on top! So I've got the turkey carcass simmering on the stove for a lovely bowl of turkey stew tonight, with nothing to do but settle in with the dogs and a blanket and a good film to watch...I'm picking the first in a trilogy by director Kieslowski titled Blue...the other two are White and Red.
    Watched Snow Falling on Cedars late last night...visually beautiful.
    Have a lovely restful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The puppy says it all. Wordless Boxing Day xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, if you're feeling exhausted, it is, indeed, time for a paws. I mean "pause."

    Hope 2011 is a wonderful year for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was cooked for today too, J - a rare treat, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are tired also and enjoying our rare snow. Rest up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am laughing and trying not to cough at the same time..that puppy and the drama of the statue of the woman...so feeling that right now. I like your idea of how to spend a day Jacqueline. I am in bed surrounded by stack of pillows, a cup of tea, a big jug of water, my favourite candle and am peacefully tapping away.
    Thanks for your comment...you are right, rest and fluids..

    Best wishes for a Happy New Year Jacqueline...I look forward to many more :))

    Jeanne xx

    ReplyDelete

Go on...make my day...

Related Posts with Thumbnails