Beauty in the Ordinary

This is not about being brilliant, or extraordinary, it's not about wanting to be famous, or making headlines, or trying to impress...this about sharing a 'gift' each day with the world...to lift the spirit of people when they read this blog, to show them the beauty in the ordinary.
"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." Raold Dahl

Monday, February 28, 2011

Just home...

It's been a long day...

lots of work...

but that's okay...actually it's good.


Home now and I've made this for dinner

yum! even if I do say so myself!

Rotini pasta (one big handful per person)


cooked al dente.

I elegant red pepper, slice ever-so thin


I yellow, orange (any colour but green) pepper sliced like its red kin.


100 gr (approximately) casalinga salami

100 gr (approximately) soppresata salami

(or whatever salami takes your fancy)


bunch of spring onions, thinly sliced



any other cooked vegetable that you care to add
(I put in cucumber because it was in the fridge).

Mix this lovingly together.

Dressing:
good olive oil - 2/3





vinegar - 1/3





salt,




pepper,






 basil,






 oregano,






 garlic


big handfuls of grated parmesan cheese,


all served with warmed baguette and



a glass of your favourite cabernet or sauvignon blanc...mmmmm heaven
bon apetito
Enhanced by Zemanta

14 comments:

  1. Yes,...sound like heaven! Mmm Comfort food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We ate something surprisingly similar last night. Coincidence, or what!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That just looks like my kind of meal. Put your feet up and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, that settles it. I'm coming for a visit! What time is dinner? :}
    Rick

    ReplyDelete
  5. Easy-peasy...too!
    How does 8-ish sound Rick...bring Jilda and the dogs!
    Great minds think alike Cro!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy I will be round in about...12 hours
    Hugs Lynn xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum. The basic foods are the most satisfying to me...always. What is better than an egg, a banana, basil, tea, olive oil, a lemon??? Etc, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Guess I had better whip up another batch Lynn!
    Absolutely right MT...when we eat Real Food our bodies know what to do with it, and so it nourishes...body and spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so with you on the REAL food! It's what our bodies were meant to eat! Not sure if you want the dogs under your table, but I know a meal with you would be a wonderful experience.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dogs as part of the dinner party? Not a problem for me Jilda...all creatures welcome at my table!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK, now I am starving...that sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Must be the night for Italian! I picked up a 'white pizza' on the way home for dinner.

    I hope you're having a good week!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a lovely way to end a day.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is my first visit. Love your blog and the way you presented this post. Dinner must have been great!

    ReplyDelete

Go on...make my day...

Related Posts with Thumbnails