Beauty in the Ordinary

This is not about being brilliant, or extraordinary, it's not about wanting to be famous, or making headlines, or trying to impress...this about sharing a 'gift' each day with the world...to lift the spirit of people when they read this blog, to show them the beauty in the ordinary.
"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." Raold Dahl

Thursday, August 25, 2011

I love Technology...

I know I have been complaining about my phone lately,



but as of today...

I have been able to:

...send photos to my neighbour who is in BC and tell her about the tree limb
that came down in her garden in last night's storm



...speak to (and see) my daughter in Miami
on IChat, as her husband is about to depart for Spain on an excellent and exciting adventure,

and even listen, on an old fashioned radio
while hubby and I were having dinner,
to Stephen Fry speak about his old friend Steve Jobs:

"Steve Jobs has always understood that, as human beings, our first relationship with anything is an emotional one. ... A device isn't just a sum of its functions; it's something that should make you smile, you should cradle, you should love, you should have an emotional relationship with. If people think that's pretentious, then, in a sense, the success of Apple proves how wrong they are."

I love my phone...I love my MAC...Jobs, and especially, my favourite actor ever, Fry, called it perfectly.  I hope you are well Steve.

Some things just make sense!

12 comments:

  1. It is very sad about Steve Jobs. He transformed the world. How many people can say that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said..and what would we do without the old blogging technology as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit that I'm not very good at technology. In fact it's a miracle that I even know how to use the machine that's in front of me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. An interesting week. Jack Layton died; Steven Jobs goes on (permanent?) sick leave. Nothing to do with technology, but lot of emotion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there you two, What a great way to expolore the world and see and talk to friends.
    Love it.Althoug a cuppa would be fine too to chat and catch up.
    Hugs Dagmar

    ReplyDelete
  6. SOAC...I believe, in our own way tiny way, we change the world every day...which is why we have to be mindful of what we say, what we do, and more importantly, how we feel.
    Ah yes Kerry...the most important techno of all blog-techno...which is why I love my MAC!
    Ah Cro...but the beauty of it is that you DO use that machine...and look how well too!
    True Rob-bear...Canada has lost a statesman, Jobs is withdrawing to take care of himself, all part of life's cycle.
    The wonder of IChat Dagmar, is that my daughter and I can do exactly that...share a cup of tea, catch up as though she were in the room with me, when in fact she is 2,000 miles away. Marvellous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad your phone is working again J!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all these new gadgets too. Even just being able to talk to you through our blogs is amazing when I think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is all rather wonderful isn't it Rob. Just popped over to join your site. Looking forward to reading (and hopefully learning) about your gardening.
    BTW...love that journal format.

    ReplyDelete
  10. just seen your constance side bar J
    thank you sweetie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. She was precious John...we are going to miss her too.

    ReplyDelete

Go on...make my day...

Related Posts with Thumbnails