Beauty in the Ordinary

This is not about being brilliant, or extraordinary, it's not about wanting to be famous, or making headlines, or trying to impress...this about sharing a 'gift' each day with the world...to lift the spirit of people when they read this blog, to show them the beauty in the ordinary.
"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." Raold Dahl

Friday, July 20, 2012

Wedding Anniversary

38 years today.

Told me were were getting married after just knowing him five days.

The Atlantic ocean stretched between us.

At 19, I left my family, country, friends.

Still the best decision I ever made.



Love you more than you could ever know.



14 comments:

  1. Five days?!?!?! That's so amazing! Goes to show though, when you know, you just know. Congratulations on your wedding anniversary and all the very best wishes for the next 38 years :-) Love from London xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Jacqueline. May you have many more years of bliss together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What more is there to say! Congratulations; and may the adventure continue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cro! I think you could have been soul-mates! Every year he gives me a card in which he writes..."may the adventure continue"!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations! Enjoy a lovely day. :D
    xx
    z

    ReplyDelete
  5. When you know, you just know.....congratulations on the journey of your love with your love....and he's a very handsome man I must say.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary...such a wonderfully romantic achievement! Wishing you both many more years filled with joyful bliss, love, and friendship! ♥ ♥
    xoxo J~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy anniversary! Enjoy your special day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy anniversary and may you have many, many more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy anniversary to both of you. Hope today was everything you wanted it to be.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy 38th Anniversary to you and your delightful man. May you both stay healthy and have lots more years in which the adventure continues!

    Blessings and Bear hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A day late; I'm catching up. Congratulatons today, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks everyone...it was a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy happy congratulations on this blissfull weddingday. 38 years ago....gosh you both sure don't look like it was those years ago.....

    May your adventure last for a long lifetime and beyond that. ;-)

    Wanna say thanks for sending me your 'gray' pictuers. I have the exact same hair as the lady in the second picture. Used to be a ginger but turning gray as a dove (already at the age of 42 ;-( I'm thinking about stoppint to go to the hairdressers....although I'm not quite there yet. So maybe in a couple of years when 50 pops around. But thanks for sending me the pics so I can take them to my hairdressers to talk to her about it.
    Again have a blissfull day.
    Soft hugs Dagmar

    ReplyDelete

Go on...make my day...

Related Posts with Thumbnails