Beauty in the Ordinary

This is not about being brilliant, or extraordinary, it's not about wanting to be famous, or making headlines, or trying to impress...this about sharing a 'gift' each day with the world...to lift the spirit of people when they read this blog, to show them the beauty in the ordinary.
"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." Raold Dahl

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Today I met the 'Grocery Goddess'...and I am in Heaven!

She prefers to be called Jennifer but I am going to stay with the above.
G.G. owns and operates, along with her honey of a guy, this wonderful neighbourhood gem of store called 'Niagara Grocery'.
I stumbled upon this little neighbourhood gem while out for my morning walk. I popped in to pick up a copy of the daily local paper and came out with everything that I need for dinner tonight, and more!
Here I can pick up the New York Times, which she offered to put aside for me every Sunday...Bless her.
Here I can buy my meat and poultry from a local butcher that delivers daily to their store.
Galloping Goose Sausages too!
Breads from La Boulange, and pastries from Haggis Farms, the list is endless.
Not only all of these goodies to feast upon...but an espresso bar too!

The Goddess told me about her passion for supporting local farms, and wants to get up on a soap box and wake everybody up to how important this is, not only for our bodies but for our souls...I could feel my energy rising just standing next to her...I was ready to throw down my grocery bag, take up my trowel and go plant something in the dirt.

And walking back home with my arms and heart full, I thought about what J. had written on the 'Geography of Bliss'...and yes, I agree wholeheartedly...happiness isn't so much about where you live, happiness is having people like the 'Grocery Goddess' in your life.




1 comment:

  1. I sooooo want to meet this woman! Ask, very gently, the next time you see her about the slow food movement! I would love to know what she thinks about it!

    ReplyDelete

Go on...make my day...

Related Posts with Thumbnails