Beauty in the Ordinary

This is not about being brilliant, or extraordinary, it's not about wanting to be famous, or making headlines, or trying to impress...this about sharing a 'gift' each day with the world...to lift the spirit of people when they read this blog, to show them the beauty in the ordinary.
"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." Raold Dahl

Monday, June 14, 2010

Progress...


J.  Coming along nicely...everything has to be painted but we have to wait until the cove-molding is up.  I'm doing a bit more work on the innards today.  This is such an opportunity to think outside the box and customize the interiors to meet our very specific needs (Rudy and his wooden shoe trees!)
I'd like to incorporate our Japanese dresser in one of the closets, so much prettier than just simple drawers.
My friend Mireille said that in France, closet doors are 'decorated'.  She didn't quite elaborate, but I'm feeling inspired by the idea.  If anyone has any reference points, I'd love to hear about them.


5 comments:

  1. Those are just about my interior doors! Yours have a slight flair at the tops' side edge that mine don't have but I've seen them in "the book"!

    Such headway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid to go upstairs right now Lili...cove molding has started and all I can hear is sawing. I know there is going to be plaster everywhere....chilling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check out the blog: Hamptontoes on blogger...she wallpapered the interiors of her closets, so pretty and inspirational...good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Zhush...will go have a look

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of the Japanese dresser in your closet...how fun would that be! Your getting closer and closer...hope the sawing has toned down a bit, it is a shrilling as well as chilling sound, like a loud dentist drill! xo

    btw- We haven't even begun to figure out the interiors of our closets and my clothes are hanging in cardboard storage boxes, and will be for a while...not fun!

    ReplyDelete

Go on...make my day...

Related Posts with Thumbnails