Beauty in the Ordinary

This is not about being brilliant, or extraordinary, it's not about wanting to be famous, or making headlines, or trying to impress...this about sharing a 'gift' each day with the world...to lift the spirit of people when they read this blog, to show them the beauty in the ordinary.
"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." Raold Dahl

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Kiss me I'm Italian



Thinking about my 'large' luggage and our time in Italy J., it reminded me of the day we found ourselves in the piazza at the foot of Spanish Steps. Taking a few moments to sit and chat and decide how our day was going to unfold, two Italian men stood nearby listening in on our conversation, which we obviously spoke in English. Paying no attention to them we stood up to leave. At that moment with their arms wide open they walked towards us declaring
'Hey, Fish and Chips! Where are you going?'
I thought Italians were supposed to be romantic!

Now on our way to the Coliseum!....ah, but that's another story for another day!

Victoria


5 comments:

  1. Could have been worse - it could have been 'Roast-Beef'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. but do remember V. "a woman without freckles is like a night without stars!" Now thatsa romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can think of a few worse things to be called as well Tom...thing is J. and I are still trying to figure out which one of us they thought was the fish' and which one was the 'chips'!
    As for the freckle quote...I might have thought it was romantic if not for the fact it was now the fourth day of my wandering around Rome in the same clothes still waiting for my big ass luggage to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so glad you changed that picture V. that guy was too ugly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes I agree...I love Italians! He just didn't seem right!

    ReplyDelete

Go on...make my day...

Related Posts with Thumbnails