Beauty in the Ordinary

This is not about being brilliant, or extraordinary, it's not about wanting to be famous, or making headlines, or trying to impress...this about sharing a 'gift' each day with the world...to lift the spirit of people when they read this blog, to show them the beauty in the ordinary.
"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." Raold Dahl

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Two Cakes

My contribution to this afternoon's
 family-end-of-summer-barbeque is
two Berry Buttermilk Cakes


one raspberry, and one blueberry
made with local fruit.

Thank you 
for sending me over to
where I found the recipe.

If these babies taste as good as they look...I'm golden!

4 comments:

  1. I love blueberries and they look yummy! Thanks for visiting me. Normal people scare me. I used to be a psych nurse. hugs♥olive

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful!!! I'm making the blueberry one tomorrow! Love the heart shaped pan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blueberries all round it is ...I'm just about to start to make a blueberry pie.
    Learnt today from a fellow yoga student...(and yes Tom, if you're reading this...he too whispered the secret!) It's is in the crust! He whispered that you should only use ice cold butter, not shortening or lard, and after crumbling it into the flour squeeze half a lime into some ice cold water, and add that to the flour mixture to bind together! We shall see...I'll post some pics no matter how it turns out. This may end up being my entire dinner
    tonight!!
    Loved your cakes J., have a slice for me and give Jess a big hug.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Olive...people who claim to be normal are highly deluded.
    Jessica...this cake is amazing, and I would add the blueberry is definitely my favourite, they make for a more jammy topping and in the (slightly smaller) heart shaped pan sat more on top of the cake. The raspberries sank into the dough. Delicious too! And the best part...it's so darn easy!
    V...this yoga student has lots of wonderful secrets...I think I like him. I'm definitely with him on the ice cold butter and water...in fact, with pastry, everything should be cold, cold, cold. Let me know how the lime-part works out.
    We are all hugging Jess a lot!

    ReplyDelete

Go on...make my day...

Related Posts with Thumbnails