Beauty in the Ordinary

This is not about being brilliant, or extraordinary, it's not about wanting to be famous, or making headlines, or trying to impress...this about sharing a 'gift' each day with the world...to lift the spirit of people when they read this blog, to show them the beauty in the ordinary.
"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." Raold Dahl

Monday, October 18, 2010

Christmas is coming...

If you really, really, really love someone
buy them this for Christmas...


We just had the papardelle, with Italian sausage, asparagus in aioli and a dusting of parmesan
(a la Willow...thank you darling)
...it was sublime.


4 comments:

  1. That sounds delicious. Over Thanksgiving I was telling me kids to very small gifts this year. I told them I wanted a lovely piece of parmseano regianno. They thought I was crazy, but one can get me the cheese and one the pasta.

    I love your new header. What is that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you Raz...small and precious, and preferably consumable!
    The photo is from a teak spirit house we purchased when living in Thailand that now sits in my garden. It's a close up of the roof section.
    The Thais believe, when you build on a piece of land, you have to give a home to the spirits that were there before you. So they put up these little houses and each day leave offerings of food, incense and flowers. I love the continuum of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely idea. The only thing that lived on my land before me were scorpions and a few coyote that crisscrossed between dens.

    We're all getting to that same point about gifts aren't we? Kids and I just discussed a small Christmas too and I am determined to make all my friend gifts this year. Last year I managed about 50-50. I buy for the kids only but they said they would be happy with one item. I guess that means the end of the stocking ritual at midnight..... Until grandchildren?

    I love the lemon pepper papparddelle from trader Joes with a little evvo and fresh grated parm. YUM

    xxx

    z

    ReplyDelete
  4. "The only thing that lived on my land before me were scorpions and a few coyote that crisscrossed between dens." Sounds like our compact but adorable city apartment now, OGM! J's new header.. looks like sweating woodwork to me! Must be the church pews, worrying about Christmas...

    ReplyDelete

Go on...make my day...

Related Posts with Thumbnails