Beauty in the Ordinary

This is not about being brilliant, or extraordinary, it's not about wanting to be famous, or making headlines, or trying to impress...this about sharing a 'gift' each day with the world...to lift the spirit of people when they read this blog, to show them the beauty in the ordinary.
"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." Raold Dahl

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A Love Story



A love story for Valentines

The Dark Beauty of Tristan & Isolde

Wagner's opera of love, longing and its search for fulfilment and union is beautifully captured
in Ridley Scott's 2006 movie 'Tristan & Isolde', directed by Kevin Reynolds.
Set in Britain and Ireland, during the Dark Ages,
after the fall of the Roman Empire.

It tells of the love triangle between Tristan, Isolde and the King....
perhaps an old story...but one worth revisiting again on the screen.





13 comments:

  1. The old stories, like Tristan and Isolde, or Beowulf — from before the dawn of what we know as the English language — still hold their charm. A charming post for St. Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Victoria,

    Very warm to find this on your blog. The son of my best friend's name is Tristan as his Dad LOVES Wagner! So this has a special meaning to us...

    Perfect for this time of year!

    Thanks for posting this and have a Happy Valentine's Day yourself.

    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  3. The person singing has such a beautiful voice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful blog Victoria! I have got to come back and read more here. I am so glad that you came by and left your lovely words so I could find your place.
    Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, perfectly pretty for Valentine.
    Have a happy Wednesday, Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my favourite movies Sis...didn't we watch it together? And thanks for the wonderful words from our Johnnie in the sidebar. Read it quickly before flying out the door early this morning. I'll savour them again before I go to bed.
    Love Dido!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Molly...that voice is Dido...just love her voice too!

    I love, love this movie, I've seen it probably 4 - 5 times and may just watch it again this weekend. Yes I think we have watched together Sis. Glad you loved the words from our beloved Johnny.

    Welcome Marlette, June, Pamela and Saskia...you'll see me over at your place soon...

    Happy Valentines everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooops I almost forgot to say Hi Miss Sadie! I agree whole heartedly, the old stories will never be forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  9. v and J
    speaking of lurve
    have your "spoons arrived as yet?"
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. nothing here yet John...no worries though, the snail mail always take a long time to get from anywhere to here on the island...I'll let you know as soon as I have the little darlin' in my hand.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nothin' here either John...but I haven't been to the post office in a couple of days (we have to collect our own mail). I'll check tomorrow and let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've not heard of this before...beautiful!
    xo j~

    ReplyDelete

Go on...make my day...

Related Posts with Thumbnails