Beauty in the Ordinary

This is not about being brilliant, or extraordinary, it's not about wanting to be famous, or making headlines, or trying to impress...this about sharing a 'gift' each day with the world...to lift the spirit of people when they read this blog, to show them the beauty in the ordinary.
"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." Raold Dahl

Friday, September 23, 2011

The Chemise


Speaking as a woman, I don't think there 
is another garment that makes you feel more feminine than
the chemise.

Classically, it just means a shirt...
something worn next to the skin...

but in a woman's lexicon it means
silk...


soft...


sexy...

there is nothing more feminine than wearing something like this.

11 comments:

  1. I presume (I am no expert on such things) that this is what in England is known as a 'petticoat'. Which reminds me that I once met a Canadian guy (here in France) who always referred to his jacket as a 'coat' (in Canadian-French).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly Cro...a difficult item to find these days is the petticoat.

    Restaurants here (upmarket) sometimes require gentlement to wear a 'coat and tie'. Love all this language stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I particularly like the vintage ones....the work on them is quite lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  4. me too Chania...I think they are my favourites...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jacqueline
    Silk is such a luxurious fabric.
    I am your new follower but feel I know you from visits
    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bear has no understanding of this at all (being both ursine and male).
    But there is a certain delightfulness to the pictures you have included.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I like the beige-y one best but they're all sumptuous. Sexy under pinnings do make you feel good even if no-one else knows what you're wearing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Helen...so glad you are here, especially with your linguistic skills!
    It's okay Rob-bear...fur is good too.
    I agree Molly...there is nothing nicer. Especially if no one else knows!

    ReplyDelete
  9. J thank you so much for your comment on my blog site. Since Delores made her comment on mine I've got this fantasy of going out looking like Miss Marples in brogues and tweeds and wearing all this gorgeous sexy underwear underneath. I feel so naughty and it feels good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have tagged you for the 7x7 links challenge if you would like to participate. Info on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Molly...how delightfully naughty!
    MBJ - thank you for thinking of us. I will work on this today!

    ReplyDelete

Go on...make my day...

Related Posts with Thumbnails