Beauty in the Ordinary

This is not about being brilliant, or extraordinary, it's not about wanting to be famous, or making headlines, or trying to impress...this about sharing a 'gift' each day with the world...to lift the spirit of people when they read this blog, to show them the beauty in the ordinary.
"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." Raold Dahl

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Contrasts...

http://ensphere.tumblr.com/

http://ensphere.tumblr.com/

"today was a day of contrasts.  Youngest daughter and her husband attended the funeral of a young member of his family.  A girl, a daughter, a mother who succumbed to her addictions in spite of a loving, attentive family.  Heartache, tears...such incredible sadness, especially for her father and son.  And here today in our beautiful little town the snow gently fell...all day long...making a breathtakingly lovely, picture-perfect vision.  
So there is beauty and sorrow, sparkles and darkness, crystal and steel.  That is Life.  Perhaps we need one to understand the other.  Some days, I really wish is wasn't so." JP

http://ensphere.tumblr.com/

12 comments:

  1. Hello Jacqueline,
    Such a difficult thing to go through, sorry your family had such a day. I have been there a few times and so much goes through your mind (they had everyting), you feel so helpless with so many questions in the families faces - Very sad.
    Ivan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so pointless and sometimes harmful to keep asking 'why?' at times like these Ivan - and yet still we do. In the end it's just a tragedy.

      Delete
  2. That is terrible. And those left behind so often blame themselves; all those 'if only' guilty feelings come to the fore. Unfortunately we have to accept that certain people will always do stupid things until it finally kills them; other than chaining them to the wall, there's nothing one can do to stop them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The worry now Cro is for her son who risks being tossed around the family like a baseball in an effort for everyone to do right by him. Such a vulnerable child who sadly could end up being yet another victim.

      Delete
  3. Agree, this is life, good and bad, ugly and beautiful. However, aren't you glad that you lived every moment of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I struggle with this daily SOCK'em...my girlfriend believes we don't need sadness to understand happiness. I think she is wrong, for whatever reasons , empty helps me appreciate full. But you are right - no, even in my darkest hour I love every minute of this funny old life.

      Delete
  4. Because I believe you can never have enough hugs or Angels around you ... I'm sending you both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interestingly Katherine...I always feel my archangel trio Michael, Gabriel and Raphael not too far away!

      Delete
  5. J, I was struck by your reply comment to Arleen - I believe that you are right and your friend is wrong. My thoughts and prayers go out to your son-in-law's family, especially the father who has lost his precious daughter and that little boy - may they find solace and peace through this awful time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'm right too Molly - as much as I want her to be right instead! Thanks for the good thoughts, I think that boy is going to need every last one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such sad news...so sorry for the whole family, such a pointless loss. That little boy will need to know that he is loved very, very much...forever.

    It's wonderful though how God has provided the beauty of nature to sooth us in times of sorrow as well as joy...such a gift.
    xo J~

    (Thanks for the follow on Pinterest J, that was nice to see...I'm so behind on it all!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right Jessica...however he is surrounded by a large caring family. Let's hope that doesn't prove confrontational.
      Striking how all this technology makes us so time poor isn't it!!

      Delete

Go on...make my day...

Related Posts with Thumbnails